Tuesday, August 14, 2012

If This Summer Had a Title, We'd Call It "The Summer We Took Up Camping"

I never thought we would be campers but here we are.  I blame our good friends, who invited us early this summer to go camping with them.  We bought a tent large enough to fit our family and the rest they say, is history.  For the record, I don't think I've ever seen my three boys as happy as they are when we are camping.  That could have something to do with all of the space that comes with camping and being able to hit a baseball without having to go around our fence and through the alley to retrieve it from the neighbor's yard.  But to be perfectly honest, I'm happy too.  There is something about the smell of a campfire and being outside, surrounded by trees, water, and God's creation.  Despite the dirt and the occasional bathroom inconvenience, it is just plain fun.































We have one more camping trip planned before Fall sets in.  We'll be camping with two other couples who also happen to teach at the same school as my husband.  

Also, school starts next week already.  No, I don't want to talk about it.  

I'm.Not.Ready.

4 comments:

  1. I grew up in a camping family. When my family gets together a camping story always comes up. Lots of memories just like you will have too.

    Enjoy your last camping trip of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a camping convert as well. before meeting my husband i had only tented a handful of times. now i'm hooked (as long as there is a shower house i'm a pretty happy camper).

    we have a family trip planned for the north shore of lake superior coming up and i am sooo pumped. i love the lack of daily distractions when we are out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Such special pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously...no pictures of me???

    ReplyDelete