Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tiny Little Chalkboards

Hello!

Fall is here!  The temperatures are in the 60s here where I live and I am loving it.  I actually made soup today for supper.  I found a recipe for a Rustic Italian Soup and put my own spin on it.  It was wonderful to have soup simmering on the stove all day and my boys are big fans of soup of any kind.  There isn't much left in the pot!

I would like to share with you today some small chalkboards I made for our house.  My sister was married last November and did these for her wedding.  She wrote various things on them and had them placed on her greeting table, her favor table, etc.  I first bought some basswood plaques from Michaels.  I think my sister bought hers from Walmart.  I gave them a light sanding before painting them because they were a little rough.


I painted them with two coats of chalkboard paint.


The directions on the canister of chalkboard paint instruct you to color all over the chalkboard and then erase before writing anything on it.


Here they are!  Just a little somethin' to write on.  I've been writing our menu for dinner each night on one.  The other one I have sitting on our hall table by one of my Halloween vignettes, which I'll share soon





What do you think?  Do you use chalkboard paint at your house?  What have you painted with chalkboard paint lately?  Please share!  I'm always up for a comment or a new idea!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment