Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Flower and Vegetable Gardens

Good Wednesday morning to you all! 

I'm here with the post about our flowers and garden I promised you all yesterday.  Get excited.  :)

I'll be the first one to admit that some of my flowers this year are disappointing to me.  Particularly my Salvia (the annual kind).  I always plant purple.  This year when I bought a flat of them, they had no flower buds on them.  The only thing I had to go on were the tags stuck inside the plants.  The tags on the plants said they were purple, folks.  However, when they started to get blooms on them, there was no sign of my pretty purple.  Oh no, I only saw white.  So what's the big deal, you say?  Well, I already have white impatiens and Dusty Miller, which is gray.  So there wouldn't be much color in my window boxes or front flower bed OR my back flower bed.  Bummer.  Here is a picture of the purple Salvia in my flower beds and pots last year.






I guess we'll just call this year my "monochromatic" year.  Here is the front flower bed.





Here are the lovely window boxes my husband made for me.





This picture is one side of our house.  Since we live on a tiny lot in the city, you can also see our neighbor's flower pots and his sidewalk.  He's going with red again this year!  So much for privacy, eh?


Here is the full front shot.  Things have filled out again and bloomed even more since this picture was taken about a week ago...


Here is the other side of our house.





Here's what we have going on in the back.



 










In our garden this year we have planted Roma tomatoes, Big Boy tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, green peppers, bush beans, and pole beans.  That's a whole 'lotta stuff in a very small space!


Phew!  That's all she wrote.  I hope you enjoyed the "tour" of our yard this year.  I'm off to clean and bake in between taking care of my sweet boys before our company arrives tomorrow.  Yikes!

God's richest blessings on your day!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding? It's beautiful! I would die to have neighbors that lanscaped half as well. All I have are hastas, it's the only thing I can't kill...

    ReplyDelete