Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chilled Cucumber Soup

Our garden is overflowing with these beauties.  They are threatening to take over...
I don't mind.  They're quite delicious!


I've made salads, three batches of pickles, sliced them for snacks and had almost ran out of ideas for them.  Then I stumbled across this recipe.  To make this refreshing soup you will need:

4-5 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream or plain yogurt
1 green onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill


Place the cucumbers in a colander over a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and toss.  Let sit for 30 minutes.  Discard the liquid from the bowl.  Rinse the cucumbers under cold water, drain, and pat dry.


Chop your herbs and garlic.


Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor.  Cover and process until smooth.


Serve immediately.  Garnish with the dill and onions.


This soup is best served as an appetizer.  It is delightful on a hot day and has a wonderful, fresh taste.
When I made this soup, I substituted chives for the green onions.  It still tasted great!

I hope you're all enjoying these last days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment