Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July Fun

Our 4th of July was pretty simple this year.

We ate corn on the cob and sandwiches for lunch.








We went out for burgers and custard with my Mom, sisters Amelia and Liesl, and my brother-in-law Ryan before the fireworks.  Hefners is one of our favorite places.








The town where we watched the fireworks is so cute and quaint.




















Before the fireworks show we listened to a band play patriotic music.  The atmosphere was so fun.  Little children ran around on the grass wearing red, white, and blue.  Couples and families sat on blankets, enjoying one another's company.  Everyone seemed genuinely happy.

















After it got dark we enjoyed some of the best fireworks I've ever seen.  Obviously, the pictures don't do them justice!





Happy belated 4th of July, everyone!  May God continue to bless America, the land that I love!

1 comment:

  1. Dan and I lived in Cedarburg his senior year at SEM, only a few blocks from that park! I loved it! Would love to live in a town like that again someday. If you ever get back, try Sal's pizza. SOO good. :)

    ReplyDelete